Richard J. Schmidt has written on films and cinematography, often specializing in
movies filmed in Red Rock Canyon State Park. He lives in Southern California. Some
of his published works can be found at the following magazines.
- 1987 Article on the making of Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (1944)
- Films in Review
- Article on the making of the Invisible Ray (1936)
- The Journal of Popular Film
- Interview With Jules White, 1977
- 1970 vintage article about the Colorado Street Bridge (Suicide Bridge) in Pasadena
called Weathered Crossing
- Hollywood Studio Magazine
- Article on the career of actor Frances Drake, January
- Famous Monsters of Filmland
interview (issue 127) with Marcel Delgado, "Master Monster Maker."
- Monsters from the
- Spring 2007 Issue (#23), titled The Im-ho-tep of Red Rock Canyon. Still
available from the publisher
The author's email address is email@example.com
To order the Field Guide, click the Purchase page link on the left.
Ronald Reagan in Red Rock Canyon (1953)